Sunday, June 25, 2006

Eyes wide shut

So perhaps there will be some deep thoughts still on my blog. Of course this isn't really THAT deep and it is related to my children.

I was thinking today about how kids go to sleep. They fight and fight to keep their eyes open, then they finally give up and close their eyes. But once those eyes have closed, you can pretty much count on the fact that they are fully in dreamland.

Now, when I go to sleep, I first close my eyes, then drift off to sleep with my eyes already happily closed. So there is some period of time where my eyes are closed though I'm not yet asleep.

So at what point in our lives to we start to close our eyes first? I quite honestly have no idea, and it's been bugging me a little bit today.

1 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, June 29, 2006, Blogger Kristen Gill, Marketing Manager said...

Wow...interesting question. I have noticed that about Elena too! I wonder when that happens. I am thinking puberty maybe? That was the first time I remember not rebelling against bedtime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home