Wednesday, June 21, 2006

MINE!

My boys are exactly 51 weeks apart in age. I'm expecting that will make them the best of friends and worst of enemies over the coming years. Right now I'm finding most of their interactions very entertaining, and some of them are just highly frustrating.

One that comes to mind this evening is the words Nate (13 months old) is learning from his older brother. Thankfully neither is yet learning words that Mommy and Daddy should stop saying in their presence. Sean (the 2-yr-old) has recently started saying "Mine!", thanks in great part to the fact that Nate is now mobile and is stealing lots of toys from him. Unfortunately, Nate has picked that one up very quickly (along with "No!", "Woof" and "Nine" which is apparently the generic reference for all letters and numbers in our household). Today when I picked the boys up from their home daycare, our daycare provider's 10-month-old was very interested in crawling on me, pulling my hair, and other fun things that 10-month-olds do. Nate, very determined, came up, climbed on my lap, pushed him away and stated "Mine!".

It was kind of sweet... in a meanie 1-yr-old way.

7 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, June 21, 2006, Blogger Cathy said...

Awww! How sweet! Never forget the "Toddlers Creed"

If I want it, it's mine.
If I give it to you and change my mind later, it's mine.
If I can take it away from you, it's mine.
If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
If it's mine, it will never belong to anybody else, no matter what.
If we are building something together, all the pieces are mine.
If it looks just like mine, it is mine.

 
At 5:58 AM, June 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only hear "mine" in the seagull (?) voices from Finding Nemo....

You must feel blessed that the boys are "yours!"

 
At 5:59 AM, June 22, 2006, Blogger Tonya said...

I love it! That is precious!

 
At 6:53 AM, June 22, 2006, Blogger Kristen Gill, Marketing Manager said...

Awwwwwww...I kind of like being somebody's...don't you? Your boys are super cute!

 
At 8:41 AM, June 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alicia would have done the same thing. Cute story!!! I t makes you feel loved. xoxo Jen

 
At 9:15 AM, June 22, 2006, Blogger Precie said...

That's absolutely right, Nate! Way to stand up for yourself and what you love! LOL! It really is great that they're so close.

 
At 9:13 PM, June 22, 2006, Blogger Tess said...

I'm sure that Nate is going to learn so much from Sean....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home